Overall, this month actually flew by! (For those of you who know me, I NEVER say that!) 5 days after Easter, my beloved grandma passed away at the age of 92. Even though she had a long, long life, it's a sad realization that I can no longer go and visit her. I am so grateful that grandma got to see Gabrielle so much, and I have many cherished pictures of the two of them together. Gabrielle was the one thing that would bring a smile to her face and a twinkle to her eyes! I will post pictures of the two of them at a later date.
On a happier note, Gabrielle got to play with her Grandpapa who came to visit from California. She had a wonderful time with him. They were best buds, which is a good testament to my dad and his incredible skill with babies. She doesn't always warm up to people right away. Good job, dad! Another piece of huge news...She also learned to WALK on May 8th! Now she walks all around and is getting pretty good at it. She toddles around with her arms out in front of her. I hear the pitter-patter of little steps now. Pretty cute if I do say so myself.
Gabrielle is very curious about the garbage can. See pic below. She also is very intrigued by the toilet. She chucked her shoe in last week, but Mommy wouldn't flush it;) She has also perfected her waving skills--hello and goodbye. She also LOVES swinging. She goes to the park all the time and getting her off the swings is nearly impossible. I bought a baby swing for our house which was a major hit. Adam hung it up and she played on it for well over an hour!
Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading. Have a great day and check back in a month or so!






5 comments:
I love this idea Colleen!! I'm very happy to learn the pictures and updates will keep coming. Love to you all. xo
I love the polka-dot PJs...Maggie used to have some just like them :)
I LOVE IT! And I love the pictures. Is there a way you can still email us once a month to let us know when you've posted something new? I love reading all about her, but I know I will forget to check unless you nudge me to do so! I LOVE the emails. She's so pretty and so happy, and we can't wait to see her again soon!
Adrienne
I love the blog, Colleen! And the pictures are absolutely precious. Especially the one of Gabrielle and your Dad. What a cutie she is. I can't wait to read more updates! Love, Katie
Hello Colleen. I have been checking in from time to time on your blog, but have never commented, that is as of yet! Love to read the updates about Gabrielle and see the pics since I don't get to see her often. Keepem coming. Love you guys....TUI
Post a Comment