I will now be posting Gabrielle's monthly updates at the end of the month rather than the middle of the month. I was doing her "monthly" birthdays, but now will just be doing a monthly update. Now that Gabrielle is such a big girl, we don't have so many monthly milestones. A few of these pictures (strawberry picking and the ones from Grandma's) are from the end of June. This month we found out that Gabrielle is terrified of fireworks. She was also afraid of the noisy "rollerposter" at the fair. Another funny word of Gabrielle's is "vampifer" which is anything with sharp teeth. She talks in complete sentences, and is even using pronouns such as me, you, I, he, and she...If only using the potty were so intuitive. That's a whole different story!
We are loving summer, and spend a great majority of our time at home playing with side walk chalk and bubbles and frequenting the many parks around town. Here are a few of our most fun adventures.
We went strawberry picking at Spicer's with Heather and Declan. Gabrielle was really excited for this because Ruby (from her favorite show "Max & Ruby") likes to pick berries. We ended up with a lot of strawberries, and I made some amazing freezer jam!
It's always a fun time at Grandma and Grandpa's Sexton's. Gabrielle LOVES the playhouse, and she can go up the ladder so fast. She also loves to play with the hose and spray anyone who comes too close!
Our Trip to the Farm Center @ Kensington
Gabrielle's favorite animal was the rabbit, Nutmeg. It was HUGE! It's hard to see in this picture.
This is "Boo Boo Turkey." He had a boo boo on his wing, and she really wanted Mama to get in the pen and kiss the boo boo.
We actually had a great time at the farm--even though Gabrielle's face might tell you otherwise!
For the second summer in a row, we vacationed at Houghton Lake. This year we got a much bigger place with plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms to accommodate all of the guests we had this year including Grandma & Grandpa Sexton, Grandpops Sulkowski, & Aunt Beth. We had a wonderful time minus the fact that Gabrielle drank a little too much lake water and suffered from some GI issues for several days!! We had AMAZING weather this year and spent everyday on the lake! Lots of family fun!
Have you ever been to the Potter Park Zoo in Lansing? If not, you should go!! We had the best time. Gabrielle and I went with Aunt Bethany, Aunt Laura, Cousins Cadyn and Aili, and Grandma Sexton. There were lots of interesting animals to see. I have a lot of great pics of animals, which means that they weren't really that far away. It's a great park for young kids (& old ones, too!) It was an awesome trip!
Gabrielle in front of the playful otters-Check out her safari outfit!
We also went to the East Lansing Aquatic Center with Aunt Laura, Cadyn, Aunt Bethany, Aunt Beth, and Megan. I don't have many pics, but it was a fun day in the sun!
Other miscellaneous activities...
Mama: "What do you want for breakfast today, Gabrielle?"
Gabrielle: "Mc Donald's pancakes."
Another pic of Gabrielle in Mommy's shoes--one of the highest pair I own!
Gabrielle at Martindale Beach at Kensington with Cousins Kayla & Zoe
Thanks so much for checking in, Family & Friends! We hope everyone is doing well and having just as much fun as we are!
Enjoy the moment!
Colleen

3 comments:
I am still waiting for fun summer pictures! lol :) :)
Thanks for reminding me about the blog, such cute photos! You're in my Google Reader now so I won't ever forget. :)
Can't wait to see you on Tuesday!
I love the jungle safari outfit! She's adorable :)
Don't worry about the potty thing - it'll happen when she's ready ;) Maggie waited til after she turned three, then it was like flipping a switch.
Post a Comment