Thursday, September 30, 2010

September--Back to School!

Mama had to go back to school this month, which means that Grandma Sexton was back on the job! She being more excited than me... While I love my job, I love my Gabrielle more, so I don't like missing out on all the fun that she has with Grandma! Gabrielle gets to do a lot of activities with Grandma and Grandpa many days. They oftentimes go back to their house in Brighton, which is one of Gabrielle's favorite spots to play. Gabrielle also started preschool this September at the early learning center at Grace Lutheran Church in Howell. I am so impressed with the program there, and Gabrielle LOVES going, so I am very glad I signed her up. The theme the first week was farm animals. She pasted die-cut animals into a red paper barn and got to use paint for the first time--painting a red barn. For the second week, the theme was mice. For snack time the kids had to eat their Cheez-Its like a mouse by holding them with two hands and nibbling on them. Too funny. I will write more about preschool in October because I actually will get to go Oct. 15th.

We went to Spicer's Apple Orchard to get some apples, cinnamon donuts, and cider. Gabrielle loved the hayride. They also have some giant tube slides that are fast and fun, and she isn't so timid anymore...So, she played on those slides with all sorts of big kids. They also have pony rides on the weekends there, and she really wanted a ride. I was surprised because over the summer at Potter Park Zoo, she wanted nothing to do with the ponies. Just before her first pony ride, THE BATTERY DIED ON MY CAMERA! AHHHH! That is my worst nightmare seeing as how I take pictures of everything. Luckily for Gabrielle, she will get another pony ride next month because Mama made the mistake of not charging her battery!

So what else is new with little Gabrielle? I used to be able to give a better monthly update, but ever since she started using full sentences exclusively, now I am just more amazed by her vocabulary. She now uses the words "recognize," "because," "supposed to," "favorite," "fragile," and "concentrate." And she likes to ask me why I left her to go to work for the day. (Yes, I know, dagger to the heart!) Here are a couple examples of her sentences, "Mama, I need to concentrate on my cuttering (coloring)." "My head is supposed to go on the piddow (pillow)."

I asked Gabrielle what she wanted to be for Halloween. She said, "A cape." So, I am taking that to mean that she wants to be Super Bunny from Max & Ruby because Max is always tying a red cape around his neck and running all over pretending to be Super Bunny. We'll see how that works out on next month's blog post!

Gabrielle's 1st Day of Preschool!






Annual Trip to Spicer's!




Gabrielle with her pumpkins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment