Adam is planning on racing again next year. Poor guy didn’t have any preferential starting point, so he had to start with all the newbies. He ending up passing about 1,500 when his chain broke (in the snow I might add) so even though he didn’t come even close to the times he is used to, I still think he did pretty well all things considered. He will have a better starting position next year (with all the elite-HA!) and he plans to dominate. Lucky for us, that means another weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge-Yahoo! Mark your calendars because it’s always the first weekend in November. I am looking for other interested families to go too—which leads me to my next fun announcement—we are expecting a BABY in June (we found out last month but were pretty mum about it)—and so I keep thinking that I will never be able to keep up with a 3 year old when I am toting around a 5 month old!) They have excellent lifeguards there, but it’s pretty much my worst nightmare, so keep it in mind:) You can hold the baby while I wrangle the kids!
November, overall, was a busy month. (Much busier than I like to keep myself!) I had countless meetings it seemed and evening conferences twice, so when I had 4 days off at Thanksgiving that was something to really be thankful for! We had Gabrielle’s cousins, Cadyn and Aili, over for cookie baking and gingerbread train decorating. We also had Aunt Laura, Aunt Bethany, and Uncle Anson over, too. It was some good old-fashioned fun let me tell you! Thursday of the week we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner over at Adam’s Aunt Pat and Uncle Tim’s house. We have so, so much to be thankful for—especially our little blessing that will be arriving in June. Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays—Let the Christmas season begin!!
A Few "Gabrielleisms"
"I'm making a masterpiece!" (As she was coloring)
"Those horses eat out of an enormous bowl." (Watching the horses from our kitchen eating out of this giant hay dispenser thing)
"No Fair!" (As she was chasing me up the stairs and I was clearly winning the race!)
Gabrielle with the Great Wolf Lodge Mascot
Eating in a "tent" at the GWL
Ready for a long car ride!
Cookie Baking with the Fam!

0 comments:
Post a Comment