Sunday, August 5, 2012

Getting Caught Up on June

Now I know why I blog monthly...getting caught up on two months is quite the task. I missed blogging June because we left for our cottage and didn't return until July 15th. By that time, I figured I might as well wait!

The biggest highlight of June was Carter's 1st birthday, of course. We had a wild party at our house with lots of cousins and lots of outdoor water fun. We are quite accustomed to hosting parties at our home, and we are used to a fair amount of clean-up after them, but this was a mess of epic porportions! There was water, sand, and watermelon rinds everywhere. The only reason I am mentioning this is because it looked like wild rumpus had taken place at our house, and I think every single kid left tired, full, wet, sandy, and amped up on cake and ice cream. So basically it was the most fun party we have every had! Too bad Carter won't remember it:( I have feeling, though, that there will be some repeats.

Carter, for the most part, was his happy, jolly self. He got a little frustrated with his bib, so we saw a few tears, but that was the only time he voiced his unhappiness. Who needs a bib anyway?! Carter demolished his cake, so much so that he had to go right up for a bath after he was done. He rubbed cake all over his face, including in his eyes, so trying to clean him up with a washcloth was a lesson in futility. He received a lot of fun boy toys, which we appreciated greatly! He loves all trucks, cars, tractors, etc., etc. He also likes to look at picture books of trucks, cars, tractors, etc., etc.! He has a puzzle of construction vehicles, and he plays with the puzzle pieces as if they had real wheels. Needless to say, he can entertain himself for a very long time!  Carter also had to go to the doctor for his one-year check up. He weighed in at

One of our other highlights of June was Gabrielle's first experience with vacation bible school at First United Methodist Church in Howell. The theme was Operation Overboard, and Gabrielle loved every minute of it. I was quite impressed with the program they had there and definitely plan to sign her up next year. She got a CD with all the songs on it, and she still enjoys singing and dancing along to the music. Overall, it was a HIT!

June is the best month of the year, in my opinion. We ended the month by starting our two-week vacation at our cottage on Houghton Lake. 

We hope you are enjoying these summer months as much as we are!!

Colleen


Gabrielle holding a worm over Father's Day weekend

The last monthly pic!!

Birthday Boy



The birthday bath!!

Playing w/ new toys



My little sweeties-love this pic

Jolly Boy


0 comments:

Post a Comment