So anywho, August was AWESOME. Loved every long minute of it. It really seemed like a long month. Or maybe it was because this is my last August with no back-to-school anxiety? Next year I may require medication. HA! I know, it must have been the heat. And I loved the heat. The month started out with Gabrielle attending her *third* and final VBS at our very own St. Mary Magdalen, a fun playdate with good friends who were visiting MI after moving to FL last year, my step-sister's wedding--Gabrielle's first.
The second week of August we took a trip to the farm at Kensington. This was Carter's first trip to the farm as a toddler. When he sees something that excites him, such as a large truck, he gets wide-eyed, starts to shake, and his hands open and close like pinchers. He definitely was interested in what he was seeing, but prefered to look at the tractors. He was especially tentative around the pigs. I don't blame him. There is a funny picture of him below petting a cow for the first time.
We left on August 11th for Houghton Lake and stayed until the 19th. It was a great weather week. We got to spend a lot of great quality family time...plenty of bike rides and boat rides. Gabrielle found lots of rocks, leaves, feathers, and mushrooms. She is quite the collector of things au natural. Grandpops even came up for a few nights, and all who know him know that he is the ultimate playmate, so Gabrielle and Carter were in heaven!
As we made our way back to reality, the summer started to wind down, and Gabrielle received a visit from her new preschool teacher. Ms. Jayme came over and they worked on a special project. Gabrielle saw the 4-year-olds when she went to preschool last year and always looked at them with a little trepidation. I don't think it has sunk in yet that now she will be one of those "big kids." She is definitely ready to get back into a routine. She is a little social butterfly and she loves to be around her friends, so school will be a welcome change of pace.
I am looking forward to all the updates in September!
Colleen
My precious kids! How sweet!
Notice the facial expression
Please note: I was inside making lunch at the time this was taken. HA!
Daddy's Little Husky
Boating Beauty
Gabrielle with Ariel & Tiana!
Check out this old-school trike! LOVE IT
My handsome little dude
Mama's Little Spartan

0 comments:
Post a Comment