Gabrielle is such a smart and funny little girl. I think she gets about 90% of what we say; she just can't respond in decipherable words. She says "Amen," "Apple juice," and "Bless you." It's so cute because at dinner when Adam and I take turns saying 'Grace' she can tell by our voices when we are about to say "Amen." She'll sometimes beat us to it!
When I ask her what an owl says she'll say, 'Whoooooo, Whoooooo!' She has two owl puppets, owl jammies, books with owl pictures, and we have an owl decoy in the garage. Imitating an owl is her first official animal noise.
She knows the names of all her toys and she will go and get whatever we ask for. She also knows different foods and gets excited at the prospect of some of them. She is definitely a veggie girl. She loves green beans and broccoli. She kept asking for more tonight and ate half a bowl of green beans. She doesn't care for bread or meat.
While sitting in her highchair, she chucks those unwanted items across the room. It's amazing how far they go!
She was so funny the other day when I left the fridge open and walked away for a second. She went a grabbed a pint of blueberries, stuck her hand inside, and had a little snack. I caught her "blue-handed" and took a picture. See below.
The week before school was out for me, Grandma and Grandpa Sexton took her to the farm at Kensington. I was able to meet them there on my way home from work. Talk about some good ol'fashioned fun. Gabrielle had great time seeing all those animals live and in person. She loves to imitate animals noises. I like how she tries to "Baa!" She got to see a calf, piglets and pigs, bunnies, goats, chickens, and horses. We will definitely be going back!
We have also been having fun outside the house. Gabrielle loves sidewalk chalk and bubbles. We went to the neighborhood garage sale and found a play house, teeter totter, sandbox, slide, and climbing gym. (All for $60-what a steal!) That's in addition to the slide/climber combo we purchased before. Our back yard is PLAYLAND! It is so fun. We play out there for hours! She is pretty coordinated. She can climb up on the gym and get down going frontwards. I am so impressed. She cries when we have to go in. We love our little outdoorsy girl. Mama just got a jogger stroller, too, so no more boring treadmill:)
Tonight when we put her to bed, she grabbed her binky, walked up to her crib, and waved bye-bye to us. We put her in her crib and that was that!
Stay tuned for more summertime adventures!!
Gabrielle's 1st campfire at G/G Sexton's

Wearing Mama's Socks

Gabrielle loves Curious George.

Wearing Poppy's (old) Oakley's

Loungin' in the backyard

The Blueberry Thief!

G. loves to press all the buttons and turn all the dials in Mommy's Jetta

Having fun w/ sidewalk chalk

0 comments:
Post a Comment