Wednesday, June 10, 2009

THANK YOU, MOM!

The school year officially came to an end yesterday, and that means that my mom just got laid off from her full time job.

Well, this mandatory time off will be good for her because as most of you know, my mom has been our full-time nanny this year. She has come to our house everyday, month after month, every morning at 7 am, to take care of Gabrielle. Never once, not even a little bit, did she ever seem tired or burned out or grumpy or (gasp!) bored.(Bored is not in my mother’s vocabulary—she has never been bored since the day I met her!) She represents the epitome of love when it comes to Gabrielle. In fact, in about March, she told me she felt like she had been on the job for only a week! Incredible! Yesterday, she was telling me how quickly the year flew by. (Not for me!)

The truth is, my mom loves taking care of Gabrielle, and she feels very privileged that she was able to do so. She’s retired. She only lives 15 minutes away. It really worked out perfectly. (I hope I can someday babysit for Gabrielle’s kids. I plan to retire when I’m 48, so that’s a nice thought.) So how do you thank someone who has done so much for you? It’s tough because what really equals everything she has done for us? She does laundry, puts meals together, makes beds, cleans up the clutter, AND gives Gabrielle 100% of her time, attention, and most importantly, her love. They really adore each other. I don’t have to worry at all when I'm at work. Never, ever. How do you put a price on that? It’s impossible. Gabrielle learns new things with grandma. They bird watch. They play. They read. They are outside pretty much all the time. My mom has never turned on the TV. Everyday when I get home around 2:45, I get the run-down of all the events of the day--always a lot of fun.

So you’re starting to see how great she is….She deserves a vacation, weekly massages, really she deserves *everything* for what she has done for Adam and Gabrielle and I.

THANK YOU, MOM! From the bottom of our hearts!

We love you!

Colleen, Adam, and Gabrielle

xoxoxooxoxoxox

**CORRECTION! After reading this post, my mom informed me that she did turn on the TV...to watch the inauguration of President Obama. (She wanted to be able to tell Gabrielle that she witnessed history being made.)It's ok, mom, really, that was a very good reason! LOL ;)

Gabrielle + Grandma = Best Buds


This picture just sums it all up! How precious is this?!


Gabrielle loves Grandma!

0 comments:

Post a Comment