Our little princess never ceases to amaze us! At her 17 month birthday she is so much more "little girl" rather than "baby" it's not even funny! (Actually it is funny--Gabrielle is hilarious!
We had the most amazing summer EVER-so much fun everyday. Now that summer is "over" and I'm back to school, life has quickly settled into our old routines, and Grandma is back on the job. I still get home super early which leaves plenty of time for Mommy/Gabrielle time. Grandma is getting some really fun time as well. On Mondays, for the next 8 weeks, they are going to Kindermusik. Both Grandma and Gabrielle loved it and had great things to say about it. Gabrielle dances when we mention "music class," and today I asked her how class went and she started bopping around and kicking her feet. Also, on Thursdays, they are going to story time at the the Howell Carnegie Library. Now that Grandma has a car seat, you are more likely to find them out and about and at various parks around town!
The biggest change with Gabrielle this month is her vocabulary and her recognition of so many things. I think she has 15 words that she knows really well. One of the funniest words she says is "underdog" when I am pushing her in the swing! She says all 3 syllables, and I am very impressed. She would probably say that word even if it had 5 syllables because she loves underdogs so much! We do reverse underdogs too, but she hasn't quite learned to ask for that yet. I think she is finding that talking is much easier than using sign language--she can still hold onto the swing with both hands!
Another things that just amazes me is the fact that Gabrielle can pick out any pictures in her books. Granted, I do work with her, but I have never showed her or talked about a rolling pin, and she was able to point it out in a book. There really are too many objects for me to list. One of Gabrielle's newer fascinations are airplanes, helicopters, trucks, cars, and especially motorcycles. If it says "Vroom," she likes it. She's her Poppy's daughter! ;o)
I must mention that Gabrielle knows all her body parts. From her head to her hair and her feet and her toes, she's mastered Baby Anatomy 101. She struggles with elbows, but by next month I'm sure she'll have it. She'll point out your body parts too, if you ask her! My potty training endeavors have slowed down a bit, but we are making progress. Gabrielle will tell me (using sign language) when she needs a new diaper.
We just love, love, love that baby! More and more everyday!
Happy Fall, Everyone.
In the laundry basket!

@ the Imagination Station in downtown Brighton

Grandma took this one...

My Little Pianist :o)

1 comments:
I <3, <3, <3, my little Goddaughter! Such a beautiful and smart angel! I can't wait to visit with her!
Hugs and Kisses,
Aunty Laura
Post a Comment