Tuesday, October 13, 2009

18 Months!

Hello, Friends & Family,

It’s been 6 months since my last “monthly” email, but in honor of Gabrielle’s 18th month birthday, I thought I’d break out the magic markers and make a little sign. It’s so hard to believe that she’s been with us for a year and a half! I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, we love that little girl more and more everyday!

There are lots of fun things to report this month. As of yesterday, Gabrielle weighs a whopping 21 pounds, 13 ounces. That’s a whole pound she’s gained in the past 6 months. It’s hard to gain weight when you grow like a weed—3 inches since April. She now stands proud at 32 inches.

I’ve officially lost count of all of her words...which is a good thing! She is very verbal and will attempt to say or repeat anything except for the words that she signs. So, that means she will not say “more” or “milk” among a few others. While I loved baby sign language for the past year, we are going to stick with spoken words. But I must say, the diaper change sign is so darn convenient. We’ll be at church, when it’s really quiet, and she’ll flash me the “change my diaper” sign—a time when I’m glad she doesn’t know the verbal version!

Speaking of church, Gabrielle is an absolute stitch on Sunday mornings. She sings along with the choir, dances in the aisle, and always seems to know when to say “Amen!” very loudly. I keep meaning to drop her off at the nursery, but overall, she is pretty well-behaved and so darn cute!

This month we went to the apple orchard for apples, cider, and a pumpkin. Gabrielle got to see her favorite animal for the first time—a bunny. She was all smiles especially when she got to feed it. She doesn’t leave the house without her own “Bun-Bun.” That beloved stuffed animal deserves its own post on my blog.

Everyday after I get home from school, Gabrielle and I head down to the basement where we play in Poppy’s tent, listen to music, dance, and bounce on my balance ball. She dives into the tent on the sleeping bag and just squeals with delight. We dance so much down there that I have contemplated wearing my HRM (heart rate monitor) to see what kind of workout I am getting. Let’s just say it is 100% fun. If you need a little boost of sunshine, please consider an afternoon play date! All ages welcome—no dancing experience necessary!

Keep in touch & have a happy autumn!
Colleen, Adam, & Gabrielle



Mommy's little hooligan


Check out the outfit here-leopard coat, rainbow leggings, pink sparkly shoes, and her Coach purse. Ha!






It's hard to tell, but she is laughing hysterically:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment