Last month we had a wonderful time at Thanksgiving. We all had a lot of time off from work. My dad came to stay for several days and joined us for dinner. Gabrielle didn't have the best Thanksgiving: She decided that she didn't want a nap, so the afternoon into evening was a little rough. Grandpapa got to baby-sit the day after Thanksgiving. He was in seventh heaven. Poppy and I ran in the Fantasy of Lights 5K, so Gabrielle stayed home where it was WARM! She got some early Christmas gifts from Grandpapa that she loved, especially her new guitar.
This month marks remarkable gains as far as Gabrielle's vocabulary. She has said a couple of short sentences..."Mama's coat" and "Eat ham"...(not sure why it's always ham-we don't even have ham here about 90% of the time!) I love listening to all her new words. Language acquisition is so fascinating!!
This is funny-Adam cracks his knuckles quite a bit, and I never even notice. Not Gabrielle, however. She is thoroughly disgusted with his little habit! When she hears him, she grimaces and says, "Crack!" She really detests the noise. I don't blame her!
She is enthralled with the Christmas tree. She loves to point out the broken lights. She'll say "off" or "broke" to let us know. (We have an old tree-what can I say? There are a lot of lights out! For the record though, I think it is the most beautiful tree!) Gabrielle loves this little ornament that I loved when I was little. It's a plastic bulb that opens and closes and inside is a little bear. I remember playing with it when I was her age. She'll point out her new Elmo ornament from Grandma if you ask her. She also loves the train. What kid doesn't like a toy train? She helped make the pine boughs for the stairs.
Gabrielle had her first Christmas party of the season a couple of weeks ago. That day I baked some Pumpkin Chocolate Crunch Cookies. She loved them. At the party, she helped herself to a few other sugary indulgences. I was none too happy. She consumed more sugar that day than any other day of her life. It brought out the WORST in my little angel baby...running around like a mad woman, pulling my hair, she poked Adam in the eye, and then tried to poke me in the eye after we told her to be more careful, you name it...she did it. I mean obviously sugar isn't good for you, so do not feed your children sugar, people. We're back on our regular diet here-FOR GOOD! Unsweetened everything!
I am also pleased to report that Gabrielle now says the words that she normally signed. "Mo Milk!" YAY!! Oh gosh-one more thing...I taught her to blow her nose about a year ago. It's very useful. Last night she blew her nose and she said, "Good Girl!" It was very sweet and cute. I love her...that's obvious! :P
I will have pics posted soon. It's on my to-do list along with a mill.+ other things;)
Wishing you a very merry and blessed Christmas! Until next year...
Colleen, Adam, & Gabrielle
Gabrielle loves shoes. I'm sure pictures like this on the blog will be very common!



I love this one with Grandpapa!

Gabrielle also loves bows...Oftentimes, Adam and I forget we have them in our hair, too!


What a work out!!

1 comments:
Love the new pics! Especially the last one of Gabrielle after her "work out." Too cute! :) Hope you had a great break - back to school tomorrow! Are you excited!? ;o)
Post a Comment