Happy 2010 to all our dear family and friends. I sincerely hope that the year is going well for you.
At the time of my last update, Gabrielle was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Christmas. We had a party or dinner plans on the 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th. Gabrielle got to celebrate Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa Sexton's, our house, Jammie & Grandpop's, Aunt Tui & Uncle Joe's, and then Great Nana and Cousin Cadyn's birthdays. Talk about a lot of excitement!! Gabrielle loved her gifts this year. Some of her favorites were: a kitchen from Jammie & Grandpops, an American Girl doll from Grandma & Grandpa, play food from her Godparents, a tunnel and tent from Aunt Bethany and Uncle Anson, and a garbage/recycling truck from mommy & poppy. With all these new toys, Gabrielle didn't even know where to start....Needles to say, she keeps herself busy.
It was so nice to have a couple weeks off work--Poppy too--that we were able to spend a lot of quality family time together. Gabrielle is talking up a storm now. I know I said that last month, but it's really exponential, as I'm sure it will be next month too. She refers to herself as "Gabba." So, she'll say "Gabba more milk" which is awesome because this is the first time I'm having a conversation with her. I'll say, "What do you say?" and she'll say, "please!" and I say, "Coming right up, my darling dear!"
For as sweet and angelic is my angel-baby Gabrielle, she is a little more fiesty lately. I fear we are entering into a little "terrible twos." She wants her shoes off, and then when I take them off, she wants them on. I pick her up, she wants down, and then she wants up as soon as I put her down. She is testing her limits all the time and showing her little strong-willed personality. It's ridiculousy cute (right now!)
One thing though--I know I have said it before-this kid will dance 24/7 if you let her (or if you have the energy!) Her favorite place to dance is in your arms. So Adam and I definitely get a workout bounding around the house to various techno beats and salsa tunes. If she can't get her groove on, she'd rather not listen to it. So as much as I like "Jelly Man Kelly" and "Puff the Magic Dragon," she much prefers remixed Abba. (Must be from my spinning days when she was in utero...is all I can think of!)
This is so great...Gabrielle loves to pray. She likes to pray at every meal. She holds our hands and always says "Amen." She reminds us to pray if she thinks we might forget. This is just too precious-if I look at her through one open eye during prayer time-she will sneak a quick blown kiss to me. She's just too darn cute.
Happy Winter!
Colleen, Adam, & Sister Mary Gabrielle
Super Cutie!




Gabrielle ADORES her cousin, Victoria!

Staring at Vic...





Papparazzi Shot

3 comments:
I have been anxiously waiting to read about my Gabrielle. She is going to get more cute and you and Adam will really start to have alot more fun. Of course, even the challenges will get tougher; and funnier! Love you guys! Keep this blog going. How about twice a month? No! Oh well, I'll settle for once a month on the 12th!
OMGOODNESS! What great pictures! What a cute little Godchild I have!
Love you all,
Aunty La
Such a cutie...Now that I have found you again, I realize that Rachel sent me your site to look at when she was talking me into starting mine...I am so thankful that she did! Your Gabrielle is absolutely adorable! It is awesome to see the stages that we have to look forward to with Lexi. Take care and keep enjoying that little one!
Post a Comment