Life with our little chatter box is so fun, as usual. She talks non-stop, and we are at the point where we have many logical conversations during the day. I never imagined her talking in full sentences. She gets the difference between “a little bit” and “a whole bunch.” She’ll tell you what she prefers. She’ll tell you her “favorite.” She finally knows her colors. I give a lot of credit to her color-changing night light. Because of it, she also knows the colors turquoise and light blue.
Some of her mispronunciations are hilarious. “Fodder” = spider, “O-Nits” = orange, “done-tin” = donut, those are just the few I can think of at the moment. When she says, “I do’ed it” instead of “I did it”, I have to chuckle.
Gabrielle has been able to spend quite a bit of time out of doors, especially when Grandma and Grandpa Sexton take her back to their house. With Grandpa’s multiple gardens, she has a grand time with the watering can and hose. He also showed her how to dig up worms. (She knows that birds eat worms so they are especially interesting.) There is also a super-fun playhouse with a kitchen inside and my old Cabbage Patch dolls, so Gabrielle can amuse herself for hours. She also likes the tire swing and will tell me to push her “high” and “fast”! It’s lotsa fun at G&G’s!
A day ago, Gabrielle proudly announced, “I paintin’.” Not a good sign when she did not have access to paint. Instead she found a black Sharpie on my desk and proceeded to draw a picture across the door and wall. Too bad there wasn’t a picture of my face (as well as Adam’s.) Luckily, non-acetone nail polish remover worked beautifully. Needless to say, there are no more Sharpie’s out. Anywhere. Until she’s 10!
She gets the concept of our neighborhood and our family. The other night at dinner, I was saying that I loved her and Poppy loved her, and I love Poppy and Poppy loves Mommy, and she loves Mommy, and she loves Poppy. And she said, “That’s everything!” And so it is. In so many ways.



The Sharpie Incident


1 comments:
What a sweetheart <3
Glad the marker cleaned up and she's having such a fun summer already!
Post a Comment