But anyway, the real reason for this post...my chubby little cubby is 2 months old! I have mentioned this before, but Carter is the SWEETEST BABY EVER!! I just want to eat him up all day long. When he wakes up in the morning he smiles, coos, and laughs-we have complete conversations. He has a big dimple on his left cheek and his toothless grin melts my heart. BIG TIME. I love this boy. He has pretty good head control, and he likes to lay in his crib and watch his mobile or lay on his baby jungle gym and watch his octopus rattle. He's a good little sleeper, too.
Here's his stats: As of today, he weighs 13 pounds, 6 ounces. He is 23 inches long, and he has a little noggin...15 inches around. No pumpkin head for Carter. Basically, he is a chubby cubby with a little buddha belly. Mmmmmmmm. I'm just enjoying every moment. I try to hold him as much as possible or keep him wrapped to me. I can't spoil him enough.
Of course I have updates about my little darling, too. Overall, she has done remarkably well adjusting to having a sibling. She loves Carter. I can see it in her eyes and the way she genuinely smiles at him. She still refers to him as "my baby" which is so sweet. She knows how to make Carter laugh, and he thinks she is the funniest thing ever. Just by seeing their interaction now, I can tell they will be best buddies.
Gabs had a few fun firsts this month. She got icecream from the ice cream man at Jammie & Grandpop's house. She went to her first movie (Winnie the Pooh) with Grandma and me. (Super cute movie, by the way!) Gabrielle also had her first haircut before Carter's baptism. Yes, there was actually extra hair to cut!! She also got a manicure with Grandma. It was very impromptu otherwise I would have definitely had Grandma take the camera! However, there is a pic of Gabrielle giving Grandma a manicure out on the pation.
Here are a couple of funny things she has said in the past month:
While swimming at Jammie & Grandpop's pool she said she wanted to go "tiptoeing" in which she actually meant skinny dipping. So she did!
Another time at Jammie & Grandpop's house, she dropped something and said "Oh, bam!" (Phew!) I wonder if next time she'll say "bammit"!
Gabrielle is still figuring out how to change verbs around..."Mama, did we loss it?" There were a couple of funnier examples that I didn't write down like I usually do. BAM! Maybe I'll think of them.
Thanks for reading. I know this was a long one.
Enjoy the moment!
Until next month,
Colleen
Here's a few pics!
Here he is!!! What a smile!
They both have good fashion sense.
He found a comfy spot
Mani W/ Grandma
I love the BUMBO!
Carter's Baptism. Aunt Bethany & Uncle Anson are his Godparents.
Gabrielle's 1st Icecream Truck Purchase!
I call this the "Baby Catapault"
Gabrielle's 1st Movie
Gabrielle's 1st Haircut

0 comments:
Post a Comment