Monday, September 12, 2011

Carter is 3 months old, Zoo Trip, & Preschool!

Carter now 3 months old! My little cubby is such a big boy that he pretty wears only 6 month clothing. He has the chunkiest little thighs, something Gabrielle never had, so I am enjoying all the baby fat. He is such a snuggle boy. He's happy if he's in my arms, and I am not exaggerating at all. He's so easy going. He is starting to like to play now. He has a rattle that he holds onto. He also has a ball with holes in in (love the O-Ball!!) that he hangs onto. He also likes his blue bunny and his brown and blue bear. Carter babbles as though he is having a conversation complete with hand motions and everything. It is so precious. Carter is quick to smile and laugh. When he laughs, he sticks his arms straight down in excitement. On August 23, Carter rolled over from his belly to his back! I was totally shocked. I try not to compare kids, but Gabrielle was waaaaaay older when she figured out that trick. So much for "tummy time." Carter can't stand it, so he just flips over. See picture sequence below!

We had a lot of fun this past month. We had lots of playdates/visitors with family from the area (Lily & Dean) and out of state (Grandpapa & Auntie Shaina and Jeff & Sasha.) Gabrielle got to play with her Auntie Shaina who she just adores. We went to the Detroit Zoo with cousins Amy, Olivia, Joey, & Carrie Ann. That was a fun experience. A lot of the animals were out and about, so I am glad I took my telephoto lense. We were awestruck by the polar bear swimming over our heads in the "arctic tunnel" and we got to see a tiger, seals, lemurs, and lots others.

Now that I am officially a stay-at-home mom, it has been pretty fun so far. I'm a SAHM in the summer, so it's not too different. Now that it's fall, I definitely try to stick to a better routine now that our schedule is filling up. Gabrielle is going to preschool two half days a week, a library class on Monday mornings, and will have soccer on Saturday mornings, and I joined a Moms & Tots group for social outings. So, we are just busy enough...and loving every moment! In the morning when I get to wake up with Carter and feed him and change him and get him dressed for the day, I am especially grateful for that. Having the extra time with Gabs is priceless, too.

Until next month, stay happy & healthy-
COLLEEN!

Here he is....3 Months!














The Rolling Sequence



First Day of Preschool

0 comments:

Post a Comment