It's for the birds because I received 5 bird feeders for my birthday from Adam, Gabrielle, and Carter. We are all enjoying bird watching!! We have one stuck on the window, and on cold mornings we can see the birds' breath. We have had 10 different kinds of birds thus far. It's pretty fun!
This month was fantastic, really. We had a few "firsts" this month. Gabrielle is already registered for 4-year-old preschool. She will be going for two full days per week next year. Gabs had her first playdate in which I dropped her off at her friend's house! We went bowling for the first time this month, and we went to the Ceramic Studio for the first time together and painted pottery. Another first was Adam and Gabrielle's first Daddy-Daughter Dance. They danced for two hours straight and came home competely exhausted. See pic below!
Gabrielle had another first that was not so fun. It happened at the dentist. She was hamming it up in the chair, really just being a delight and a little silly, and unfortunately, she threw up. She was sticking her tongue out as far as it would go, and it just tripped her gag reflex. But here's the real kicker...her appointment was right after preschool, and it just happened to be macaroni and cheese day. The dentist asked her why she didn't chew her lunch. At this point, I was completely green and had to leave the scene to get some air. I just can't do barf. Not even my own kid's. (And God knows this because every time Gabrielle has thrown up, Adam is always there. He is a PRO.) Luckily Gabrielle wasn't the first child to throw up at the dentist's. Their little haz-mat crew had it cleaned up in 5 minutes and they even gave Gabrielle a sponge bath. It was fantastic, and I am entirely grateful. Sorry I know this is totally gross............................... Gabs' preschool teacher, however, thought it was HYSTERICAL. Apparently, Gabrielle had 3 helpings of macaroni and cheese.............. Blech.....I am getting mouth sweats now so I need to change the subject.
On to Carter...He tipped the scale this month at 20 pounds. I bought him some new 12 month clothes that didn't fit. Too tight in the tummy. So I had to return them and buy 18 month clothing. My 8 month old wears 18 month clothing!! Holy cow! He tried eating puffs for the first time this month. For the first week or so, he was convinced I was trying to get him to eat garbage. The second week, he would eat one, and he looked like a little old man trying to eat a T-bone steak without his dentures. It was so funny. By the third week, he could shovel them in pretty quickly. His accuracy for getting them in his mouth had improved dramatically. Now I have to give them to him one at a time otherwise he will put an entire fistful in his mouth.
Carter also has three new tricks this month. 1. Standing while holding onto the couch, etc. 2. After eating, when the baby food jar is empty, we always say "All done" and he says "all done" too. It's the only time during the day when he'll repeat something that Adam or I say. I will get it on video to prove it! and 3. Carter and I play "So Big" a lot and he holds onto my thumbs and raises his arms when I ask him how big he is. Cool tricks, buddy! He's a sweet, laid back boy. I know he'd be having more fun if he could crawl, but he has his whole life to move around, so I must admit that I love the fact that he is 100% baby. And plus babyproofing and baby gates are so not fun.
Here's a few Gabrielleisms:
Gabrielle looking at an analog clock: "Wow, there's a lot of time on that clock!"
Adam and I were talking about Carter's gums, his lack of teeth, and how cute his tootless grins are.
Gabrielle says, "Police have gums, too."
Gabrielle to mom: "Does our car bloot?" (She hears me complain about pollution, I guess.)
Gabrielle: "Do we live on a giant ball in space?"
Mom: "Yes, dear, we do."
Gabrielle: (with a very serious tone) "That's funny."
Thanks for reading this month. My posts are getting longer. Probably because I sit on the couch and watch TV while I write this and the computer keeps me warm:)
I hope everyone is healthy and happy. Until next month.....
Colleen
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment