This month I decided to take another year off from work! I am very happy about this and it was a very easy decision. The plan is to go back to work in the fall of 2013. If I don't, I won't have a job....... At this point, I am very much staying in the moment and trying to enjoy each day and the simple joys in life such as volunteering at Gabrielle's preschool and watching Carter grow (literally) right before my eyes.
At Carter's 9 month check up, he weighed in at 21 pounds (55th percentile) and was 27.9 inches (33rd percentile). He has a large head...18.6 inches which is the 92nd percentile. There is a very strong "big head" gene on my side of the family. Grandma Sexton said he got his big head from her:):) Carter still doesn't crawl, which is fine with me, because I never lose him. He stays where I put him! I'm sure I don't help him much by carrying him around all day.... I just can't help. He'll learn eventually and then my hands will be very full! He loves eating solid foods such as puffs and bananas.
We had a few more firsts this month. Carter had his first baby play date. Silly, I know. His friend Chase came over. Chase is two months older and can crawl and walk a little bit. Carter can't yet, but seemed very interested by his friend's mobility. Carter got his first tooth (and second one too) and he seems like an official "big boy" to me. He uses his teeth to eat solid foods (and bite me) so that has been fun for him. He bit me for the first time out of frustration a few days ago. I think I was trying to wipe his face. I must say- it was funny, but I know I won't think that for very long!
Carter and Gabrielle had their first non-relative babysitter!! Talk about awesome. One of my former students had asked if she could babysit when she was in 6th grade. I told her to contact me after she took a babysitting class and was in 8th grade. Sure enough, she contacted me when she met those two criterion. I was impressed with that follow-through! Gabrielle loved her because she played with princesses for two hours...a captive audience! I can only handle that for about 20 minutes....although if someone paid me.....
We went as a family to Splash Village in Frankenmuth for the first time. I told Adam I just needed a change of scenery for a day or so. There was nothing relaxing about the trip, but it was nice to get away from home and work and spend the time together. Gabrielle was terrified of the big bucket that dropped and Carter did not like the temperature of the pools, but other than that, it was great! Gabrielle's favorite things were the lazy river and the "hot pool" and Carter liked the baby jumpers.
Lastly, Adam took Gabrielle to see Disney on Ice! Gabrielle loves, loves, loves Disney princesses, and many other Disney characters, so she was in seventh heaven. They also got great seats, so she could see everything from only a few rows away.
Wow--that's about it, I think. Thank you for reading this. I really do appreciate it.
Wishing you many Easter blessings!
Colleen
9 months!!!
Disney on Ice!
Splash Village @ Frankenmuth
Enjoying the FAB March weather!

0 comments:
Post a Comment