Wednesday, March 13, 2013

More Feb Fun

The month started out with a bang (see previous post!) but we managed to have a little bit more fun. 

The day after we got home from Disney World, Adam and Gabrielle went to the Daddy-Daughter Dance! It is the second year for them, and they both had a good time! Gabrielle was definitely more tired this year, but the poor thing got home late the night before from a whirlwind day of traveling, went to school all day, and then came home for a couple hours and then went to the dance. Gabrielle and her Poppy adore each other, so it's really sweet that they get their special night.




 The kids and I went to visit Woody the Woodchuck at the Howell Nature Center. It was a very interesting experience. Woody got woken up shortly before he was supposed to visit the children. The problem was that Woody was extremely grumpy and was biting and whistling at the handler. The handler was looking visibly stressed. At one point a child shouted something out, and the handler was like, "STOP!" to the boy. Then, the woodchuck jumped out of her hands and onto the edge of the table. We just happened to be in the front row, and I had to move my kids out the way, and then the handler put the woodchuck away and apologized profusely for his bad behavior.


Happy Valentine's Day 2013

So before I took Gabrielle skiing for the first time and I googled "how to teach your kid to ski" before we left. I thought I had a lot of skiing technique ideas in my bag of tricks, but it became very clear very quickly that I had absolutely no clue how to teach Gabrielle how to ski!! We were squabbling with each other, and I saw things ending badly within the first 20 minutes, so I walked her over to the ski school and signed her up for a private lesson. Let me tell you. It was the best decision EVER!! Gabrielle still randomly says, "I like Mike." This guy was a godsend. In 60 minutes, she was skiing and having fun! Woohoo! After the lesson, we were able to ski together for another COUPLE HOURS. Now mind you, we stayed on the bunny hill. There was no miracle that happened, but it was a good start. I was as pleased as punch. It was kind of surreal actually to be out there with my own daughter when I spent so much time at Mt. B as a kid and teenager! Now I just need to get Adam and Carter out there, and then Colorado here we come!!!!!!!!!!


Play date at Kids Gotta Play




Carter has been pretty funny. He is starting to understand the concept of feelings. When he lays down in his crib at night, he snuggles in and says he's happy and then says sweet dreams to us! It's pretty cute. If he's not feeling well, he says he's sick. If he's feeling needy, he asks for a hug. So sweet. He is also all about adjectives. He'll take a big sip of water and say "dee-wish-ious." He also likes to tell me how "huge" trucks are. I may add more here, but that's all I can think of at the moment!

Thanks so much for reading.
Think Spring!
Until March,
Colleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment