July Updates
We
started the first 8 days of July at our cottage, which is our favorite place to
be in the summer! Personally, the Fourth of July ranks in my top three as far
as holidays are concerned. I am always on summer vacation, the family is always
on vacation, and there is never a care, worry, or stress on that day. So it’s
pretty great!
The cottage brings all of the usual fun. Boating, swimming,
jet-skiing on Adam’s new Wave Runners, throwing the anchor out at the sand bar,
daily walks and bike rides, trips to the Four Seasons, and just generally
playing around the cottage. During the first week in July, we had lots of
company, including Grandma & Grandpa Sexton, Grandpops Sulkowski, and
cousins Cadyn and Aili and Auntie Laura. We really love having guests up as we
are more likely to pull out all of the fun toys! The kids enjoyed boating and
jet-skiing, and tubing of course. We set off fireworks and lanterns, and BBQed
and ate pizza from the Four Seasons. The weather was awesome, too! We spent a
grand total of 14 nights at the cottage.
During the weeks while Adam was working, the kids and I kept
ourselves only a little bit busy with various play dates and outings. We were
pretty content at home especially knowing that we would be back at our cottage
for the weekend. There was one week of ridiculously hot weather in which we
went to Jammie and Grandpop’s pool every day to beat the heat. It worked! The
pool was PERFECT. We had a great time. Gabrielle even learned to swim without her floatie. She did a great job! She also learned how to ride her two-wheeler bike without training wheels. It took about 5 minutes for her to figure it out due to the fact that her previous bike was a Strider. (Strider bikes have no pedals, so kids learn how to balance by gliding around and using their feet as brakes.) Gabrielle continued gymnastics but opted
out of princess camp! She did, however, love going to vacation bible school at
St. Mary Magdalen. We took our next door neighbor, Lilliana, with us.
During the end of the third week of July, I was feeling kind
of funny… I took a pregnancy test, and sure enough, much to our surprise, it was
positive!! What the what?!?! Baby #3 Sulkowski was/is on the way. This befuddled my brain a
little bit, but only for the reason that I was going back to work at the
beginning of September after a 2 year leave of absence, so I really had to wrap
my mind around that. If work weren't a factor, I think I would have done a
happy little jig everywhere I went. I got over it . I found a great long-term
sub who will cover my classes for the 4th quarter. J More importantly
however, we are SO EXCITED to welcome a new member to our family. There is lots
of love to be shared and lots of fun to be had, so let’s bring it on!!!
What a wonderful month!! Now onto August....
Happy 4th of July!!
Nifty idea-use a cup when holding sparlkers...
Adam's New Toys
Nice Job, Gabs!
The "Triangle Pie"
Look at these cute cousins!
Carter is in heaven...He loves tanks.
Carter playing "Fireman Sam"
What a teacher's kid does in the summer;)
Sibs
Fun times on Houghton Lake (at one of the sand bars)
Fun times with Gabrielle's favorite neighbor, Lily!
@Jammie & Grandpop's pool
Look! No floatie!
Look! No training wheels!!!
Crazy hair day at VBS

0 comments:
Post a Comment