Friday, February 12, 2010

22 Months!

Happy Almost Valentine's Day, Family & Friends!

Gabrielle is 22 months old today! She is getting so close to her 2nd birthday! Adam and I are just amazed and often reflect on her first few months of life and how much she's grown!

We are getting accustomed to the "Wonderful World of Talking." Gabrielle is a chatterbox with a capital C! I used to be able to list all of her words, but I cannot do that any longer. Her vocabulary is too big now! Her recollection for the names of things just amazes me. If you ask her what anything is, she'll most likely be able to tell you. She is especially good at counting to 3. We have been working on how old she is going to be in April. Whenever she says "two", her little lips curl out. It's so funny/cute/only a mom would notice these things. She also likes to practice her ABC's. "A-B-C" sounds pretty good.

This month Gabrielle has actually gotten songs stuck in her head, and she will sing them throughout the day. The most popular ones are, "Rock-a-Bye Baby," "Silent Night," "Elmo's World," and the Sesame Street theme song.

Besides holding strong to her prayer convictions, Gabrielle also is like a mini Emily Post. Little Miss Manners says "please", "thank-COO", "welcome", and "bless you" at all the right times. How long will this last? I think I'm in heaven!

I had a snow day on Wednesday, so I got to take Gabrielle to Rollerama for a pre-school skate and lunch with Elmo. Normally, Gabrielle loves Elmo. (Who doesn't?!) However, this Elmo looked like a "carnie Elmo" so she was terrified of him, and I really don't blame her. (Elmo is not supposed to be 6'1" with a mustache!) Other than that, she really enjoyed tooling around the roller rink with her stroller and Bun-Bun. Rollerama is awesome-we did the hokey-pokey, the chicken dance, and rocked out to the Ghostbusters song. I think we need a disco ball in our basement.....

Speaking of which, we continue our basement rituals of dancing to techno music and jumping in and out of the tents. Now Gabrielle likes to be pulled around on a sleeping bag. I taught her the difference between "push" and "pull." There are teachable moments all the time!

Hope everyone is doing well. Until next month, stay warm and healthy!

Poppy's Shoes




Happy Bday, Mama!




Grandpa Sexton's Sneakers


ROLLERAMA!!


Too cold to swing??! No way!!


Meet the newest addition to the Sulkowski family...our niece, Aili Mary-Irene born on Jan. 26th. She is the absolutely precious! Gabrielle and Aili will have lots of fun together someday!

2 comments:

LMS said...

Awww! What great pictures! I especially love her Puppy Love outfit. :wink: We always enjoy the updates. Great picture of you both with Baby Aili, too! I can't get over how much she looks like the Big C in that photo. Happy Valentine's Day! :big smooches: Aunt Laura

Becki said...

I've been meaning to check out our tot skate out here - sounds like fun!
She's adorable, as always :)

Post a Comment