November was complete craziness. We had so much going on—it was ridiculous.
For those of you that know me, while I like to get out and do things, I do not
like to be busy. I try to enjoy a slower pace of life, but November was not
going to cooperate! And how do full-time working parents enjoy a slower pace of
life?! I was so busy at work—I had 6 meetings scheduled (outside of my regular schedule including two nights of
conferences) and between the 4 of us, we had 5 dentist and doctor
appointments. I also was able to
volunteer twice in Gabrielle’s classroom, and Adam was able to volunteer for
her Thanksgiving party. We were even
able to squeak in a date night, which is pretty unbelievable! I definitely
think that I get 10x more things done now that I am working and actually have
to manage my time….
At the very beginning of the month, I took the kids to the
open house at the new Livingston County Airport where the U of M life flight
helicopter was on display as well as the life flight airplane. Carter went
absolutely crazy. Literally. He was
running all around, taking cuts in line, getting into the helicopter and
airplane, and enjoying every minute of it. I really had a hard time keeping up
with him! Gabrielle was a trouper—she was interested to a certain extent, but
Carter was having the time of his life!
A few days later, we had our 20 week ultrasound and found
out some very exciting news. We are
having a BOY!!!! The ultrasound looked great, and baby boy looked very healthy.
I was pretty much convinced from day one that we were going to have another
boy, so it wasn’t a big shocker to me. While I am not sure how a new little
person will fit in exactly to the family, I am sure that after he is born we
will not be able to imagine life without him! Gabrielle was a little
disappointed with the news, but being the princess and not having to share her
toys is pretty appealing. The only toys of hers that Carter likes to play with
are the princesses’ carriages, so that isn’t so bad!
Other highlights of the month include the birth of our newest
nephew and my godchild, Kyle! This was especially fun for us because our niece
and nephew, Aili and Cadyn, got to spend the night with us and have a sleepover
party! This was Gabrielle’s first sleepover with someone other than me, so she
was especially delighted! The next day we ventured to Southfield, MI, for a
Laurie Berkner solo concert. We splurged on tickets and got a meet and greet
with Laurie, so that was super fun and special!
Another funny thing this month is that Adam and I both got
new cars. He got a Cadillac and I got a
mini-van! LOL! Adam thinks the mini-van
is awesome. “Drives great!” “So utilitarian!” “I could drive this van!” “What
great mileage!” “Wow! All the seats collapse!” I, on the other hand, think it
is completely average and a bit clunky at times. I think I’ll get used to it. I
think it is great for this summer and our umpteen trips to Houghton Lake
because it has two drop-down DVD players with Bluetooth headphones. That’s
pretty cool. But his Cadillac is way cooler. BUT he has to drive 2.5 hours a
day, so he does deserve something better than my old Jetta. He is more than
welcome to take the mini-van anytime he wants before baby boy comes in March….
How cool to be able to sit in a real helicopter?!
IT'S A BOY!!! Look at those excited faces:)
#Selfie
Love this monitor. It has a walkie-talkie like feature on it. Carter will say in the morning, "Mama! Need you on speaker!" I then talk to him and find out if he wants me to get him....
This was so fun...meeting Laurie Berkner!
Carter likes to get into small places such as the top shelf of the refrigerator in the bonus room!
Gabrielle's Thanksgiving party at school
This is what Adam and Carter like to do...visit C&C Sports to look at and play on the quads and other ATVs.
Our newest addition to the family! Our nephew and my godson, Kyle

0 comments:
Post a Comment