Sunday, December 1, 2013

Awesome October!

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love October in Michigan. It is a lovely month, and for us, we were a month into our new routine, so everyone was doing pretty well! Nothing like good old routine, huh? We tried to have lots of fun on the weekends, so for Carter, we hit up both the Brighton City Fire Station Open House and the Howell one as well! Carter is pretty much obsessed with anything with tires and an engine and he especially loves fire trucks and ambulances.

Northwest Elementary had a fundraiser night at Castaway Café. We hadn't been there in about 6 months, and what a difference 6 months can make. Carter owned the place. It was really hard to keep up with him, and at one point I thought he escaped. It was very scary. What I discovered is that he doesn't care if those giant inflatables are filled with 10 year olds because he tries to play like it’s nothing. However, a rambunctious group of 10 years olds really scared Adam and me, so we had to keep him off while the big kids were on… Adam took a day off from work and had the opportunity to go on a field trip with Gabrielle. He even got to ride on the bus! They went to a really fun farm in Williamston called Norfolk Ranch. I think I may have the name wrong. Regardless, it was a great field trip full of fun and games, rides, and holding baby bunnies, which was an awesome experience for Gabrielle! I am so glad that Adam got to go too because as long as one parent can represent, it doesn't matter to me who it is!

Halloween was especially fun this year because Carter actually “got it” for the first time. He wanted nothing to do with pumpkin carving (too messy), but he was all about trick-or-treating.  I took a couple of comp hours off from work and went to Gabrielle's school to see the parade, and got to help out in her classroom with the party. It was great that I could work it into my schedule. Being in the kindergarten classroom is fun. Every single one of the kindergartners is cute and precious.  While I am not sure I would want to teach it, I think teaching 7th grade poses it's own set of challenges... I always jump at the chance to earn comp time because I know I can use it to run up to her school. Northwest Elem. is literally a 2 minute drive from Highlander Way-thank goodness I don't have to drive clear across Howell...

Carter was Scooby-Doo this year and Gabrielle was Merida from the movie Brave. We decided to trick-or-treat in Jammie and Grandpop’s neighborhood which was a great idea because it is a very manageable neighborhood. Nobody trick-or-treats in our neighborhood; they all go to the one next to us that has 1000 houses, and it is so crammed with people that it’s a little much for us! Anyway, Carter walked the entire way (in winter boots!) and carried is pumpkin bucket the entire time as well. The rain let up just in time for trick-or-treating, so that was really wonderful seeing as how it rained ALL DAY.

What a great month!!
Brighton City Fire Dept. Open House


 Look at these cuties at the Howell City Fire Dept. Open House! They could all pass for siblings, but Gabrielle and Carter are with their cousins, Cadyn and Aili.

Holding baby bunnies-life doesn't get much better!


A popular resting spot:-)

 Happy Halloween!

Check out my skeleton baby...

The Money Shot-will be framing this one for next year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment