We put up our Christmas tree a week before Thanksgiving, so
by the time December came around; we were already in full-on Christmas mode at
our house. It is such a festive and wonderful time of the year; we all enjoy it
immensely! As I sit here and type on December 31st, our house looks
a little different now, as we just put away the last of all the Christmas
decorations. Always a sad day!!
This month started
out with the first visit of our elf, Budget.
This is the third Christmas that Budget has been with us, and it is
super fun to see where Budget will turn up on a daily basis! Budget was pretty clever this year…he roasted
marshmallows on the fire, hid Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus from the nativity,
cut out snowflakes, colored pictures, made Santa hats and beards on the kids
pictures, took a bath in Barbie’s bathtub, and baked cookies.
Carter learned how to climb out of his crib finally. I was
waiting for this to happen! He was not very graceful at first. He sort of would
plop out of his crib, and we could all hear the loud thunk. I ran up there to
find him rubbing his head. “I banged my head, Mama!” Now he is very graceful,
and we don’t hear him. I was afraid that he would get out of bed at night and
fall the stairs or escape into the night, so I put a child-proof lock on his
door. HA! That lasted about a week. He rips those right off. We have them on
the basement door, the laundry room door, and the pantry door, and they are
pretty much worthless if he is really determined. Just a small deterrent is
what I would call those locks!
Gabrielle and Carter went to a Christmas party at Castaway.
Always a fun time! They also spent one of the days that I had a professional
development day with Grandma-they went to Kensington to play and feed the birds
out of their hands at the nature center.
We had Gabrielle and Carter’s cousins, Cadyn and Aili, over to bake and
decorate Christmas cookies. They turned out great! We made a trip to the mall
to see Santa too. Carter was not too happy with seeing Santa this year. The
highlight of the day for him was his discovery of the automatic hand-sanitizer
machines in the mall. Let’s just say his hands were very clean and sanitized. He
was much more interested in playing with the one in the Santa line, so when it
was his turn to see Santa, his tears were from being pulled away from the machine
rather than seeing Santa! HA!
Grandma got to volunteer in Gabrielle’s classroom for the
Christmas party, which was really nice because it would have been difficult for
Adam or I to make it in. (I did the Halloween party and Adam did the
Thanksgiving party, so it’s a whole family affair!) On the last day before
Christmas vacation, we had a SNOW DAY(!!!) which is always very exciting and
very welcomed, however, Gabrielle didn’t get to have her Gingerbread decorating
party or wear her pj’s to school. I actually had to make a trip into my
building to straighten up a little and pick up my papers to correct, as well as
my school bag, and my shoes that I left there the day before!
We celebrated Christmas a few times this year. On the 21st,
we had the Sulkowski Family Christmas. On the 24th, we hosted a
small Christmas Eve gathering at our home with a traditional Polish dinner. Christmas
morning was really fun this year as this was Carter’s first year that he
figured things out. Both kids tore into their gifts from Santa. Gabrielle got
the Barbie Dream house and the dolls from the movie Frozen, which she was
thrilled about, and Carter loved his Jake and the Neverland Pirate Ship. Later
on the 25th, we ventured to the big family Christmas party at Aunt
Tui’s, and on the 26th we went to a Boxing Day party with the same
crew! It was all very nice, but the kids and I were beat!!! I am, after all, 27 weeks pregnant, and now in
my third trimester! Wowie!
On December 30th, Gabrielle lost her first
tooth!! I was not ready for this, so her tooth hung on by a thread for a few
days so I could wrap my head around the fact that my baby girl was now about
ready to lose her first tooth. She wanted me to pull it out, so I finally
mustered up the courage and reached in with a tissue, but totally could not do
it. I turned the job over to Adam, but no sooner than I turned the job over the
Adam, Gabrielle pulled it out herself! She’s a tough kid—and brave—much tougher
and braver than I was at her age! The tooth fairy brought her a glittery dollar
and a little certificate for her first tooth with a message on what a beautiful
little tooth it is. She has another one that is about ready to come out too. I
would expect that one in the next week or so!
Gabrielle and I are making a sugar cookie clock in honor of
New Year’s Eve today. That is our big plan. We are not night owls over here, so
we will all be lucky if we get to see the ball drop tonight!!
Here’s to a wonderful, happy, healthy 2014 to you and your
family with lots of love from all of us! Sheesh-this was a long entry, please feel free to scroll down next time and just look at the pics!
North Pole breakfast to welcome Budget
There's Budget in the middle of the table!
Bat Boy with a binky. Carter is all of a sudden really into Super heroes!
The kids love riding their Strider bikes in the basement. Carter took to his bike like pro.
Playing outside at G/G Sexton's house
Our tree!
The Dream House! (Not so dreamy to put together, however. A word of advice, DO NOT attempt on Christmas Eve should you ever buy this house in the future! It took Adam 3 hours and he ain't a novice when it comes to putting parts together!)
Carter ripping into his presents. Another favorite gift--a giant rescue helicopter!
A balmy 40 degree day!
The Sulkowski Family 2013
Twas the Night Before Christmas!
Cookies and Cousins!!
Gabrielle's Christmas Party at school
Carter loved the Dream House box as you can see:)

0 comments:
Post a Comment